7/21/09

Here and there

A few days ago, the boys were photographed taking their medical garbed in airy barely there see thru string shirts.

Thats Titi and Busquets, below.

(The website where I got this from tagged Sergi as "Sergio Bisquits", no joke and they were serious too!)


So while other clubs force their players to submit to ministrations half nekkid -


virtuous Barca prefer to give their players a semblance of modesty.

I like that.

But next season, whoever takes care of wardrobe would hopefully come up with this -



Hmm. I do believe I made my first ONTD-kinda posting.

Haha.

OK, moving on..



A bit of La Liga news...

Villareal CF, one of my oft watched La Liga clubs, have kicked off their season in style with a smashing 27-0 defeat of Spanish regional side Navata. Okay, its Navata from Nowhere but a 27-0 scoreline is always newsworthy. The ferocious "friendly" was held last Sunday, with forwards Jonathan Pereira netting 7 goals, and Marco Ruben and Joseba Llorente scoring 4 each.

Barca fans would remember Llorente as the player who spoiled our posh victory party at the Camp Nou when he scored a late equalizer, thus forcing the match to end in a 3-3 draw. I'll never forget how he howled at the stunned crowd and pumped his fist at our vanquished goal keeper, Victor Valdes. GRRR. I only forgave him when we could finally celebrate our La Liga title. But I have since then called him Josie, just to remind myself of the deed.

Elsewhere on the planet...

English news website The Sun just reported that Arsenal midfielder and resident cutie (ala ontd) Samir Nasri has broken his leg during training and could be out until Christmas (omg, cries).

Samir fractured his right leg in a clash with Abou Diaby while training in Austria. He is the latest in a stream of Gunners to be hit by long-term injuries. Eduardo, Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky and Van Persie were all sidelined last season.

Arsenal are soooo unlucky!!! :(

And finally -

To end this post on a high note, here's a pic of our Captain.


WORD.

Now if only i can spew stuff like cellulite and sinewy and OMG the thigh THE THIGH, I'd be a full fledged WAG hag.

No comments: